6 Tips for Better Handgun Shooting
- Grip It Hard, Hard, Harder. Grip your handgun with equal amount of pressure with both hands and grip it hard, 25 percent more than you grip it now. …
- Follow Through. Follow through is important in all shooting. …
- Be Fluid. …
- Don’t Waste Motion. …
- Practice Patience. …
- Practice, Practice, Practice.
THE 12 GOLDEN RULES FOR SAFE GUN HANDLING
- Always treat the gun as loaded.
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger straight and off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.
- Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use it.
- Never point the gun at anything you don’t intend to destroy.
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the gun you are using.
- Always use proper Ammunition.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before loading and shooting.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, hold your shooting position for several seconds; then with the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, carefully unload the gun.
- Don’t rely on the gun’s safety to keep it from firing.
- Be aware of your surroundings when handling guns so you don’t trip or lose your balance and accidentally point and/or fire the gun at anyone or anything.